Thread: Lug nut problems

Post Thanks / Like

Lug nut problems

Not sure what your iphone did here, but I cannot respond to the image it created. However I wanted to add that there are three things you can do to insure this doesn't happen again. First, replace the stock nuts with one piece after market lug nuts. I don't know why Jeep settled on this design, cheaper I guess, but that outside covering will go south sooner or later. Second, torque them to 75# and no more. Third, use anti seize compound on the threads. Many times as the nuts are put on too tight, the friction of the threads on the nut are enough to twist the studs off. The anti seize compound will over come that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Not sure what your iphone did here, but I cannot respond to the image it created. However I wanted to add that there are three things you can do to insure this doesn't happen again. First, replace the stock nuts with one piece after market lug nuts. I don't know why Jeep settled on this design, cheaper I guess, but that outside covering will go south sooner or later. Second, torque them to 75# and no more. Third, use anti seize compound on the threads. Many times as the nuts are put on too tight, the friction of the threads on the nut are enough to twist the studs off. The anti seize compound will over come that
    Hmm... I donít know why you couldnít but it is my first time posting with Tapatalk so I may have done something wrong. Thank you for the info. I will definitely use it on the future use of lug nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16 JKU Willys Edition
    15 JKU Right Hand Drive
    99 XJ 4x4 with Upcountry Lift
    94 Xj 4x2 Right Hand Drive