Jeep Talk Forum Chat

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.4.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

Thread: LED lights on your RIG

Post Thanks / Like

LED lights on your RIG

Now this hardly fits into the category of stock to wheeler, or does it?

Changing out your incandescent lights for LED's for signalling.

I have long wanted to change my exterior lighting to LED and with headlights, brake lights and backup lights all converted the only ones that remained were the yellow turn/emergency signaling lights.

The Cherokee (1998 in my case) has four bulbs in the front and two in the rear.

I saved these for last because rapid flash, or hyper flash. This happens when the load (current) drops significantly to the flasher relay.

When I replaced all the outside lights on the TJ I went through this. I simply bought a flasher relay that was configured for a LED load instead of incandescent.

I noticed that when I have the headlights on both blinker indications on the dash are on. I've never seen anything like this before. Frankly I'll be surprised if changing out the flasher relay will fix this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the reason both turn signal indicators come on solid when I turn on the headlights was because I forgot about the amber side markers. The LED 194 bulbs came in today and after swapping my cluster looks normal.

I'll swap in the LED flasher relay (shown in the video) tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 3156 3157 3057 4157 LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Turn Signal Lights,Amber Yellow $16.99

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	714i7rNg%2BxL._SL1200_[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	370

http://amzn.to/2hpEqqF <== Use this link to purchase at Amazon and help support the show!

4-Pack 194 168 921 5th Generation 240Lums Amber / Yellow LED Light 12V-24V,
    AMAZENAR Car Interior Exterior T10 T15 18SMD 3014 Replacement For 912 2825
    Map Dome License Plate Dashboard Side Marker Light $14.49

Name:	61c6jlWHweL._SL1000_[1].jpg 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	371

http://amzn.to/2hqdvLr <== Use this link to purchase at Amazon and help support the show!

Post Thanks / Like

Installed the new LED relay, still have something weird going on with the brake lights.

iJDMTOY (1) 5-Pin EP27 FL27 Electronic LED Flasher Relay Fix For LED Turn Signal Bulbs Hyper Flash Fix $9.59

Name:	61Z9FHn3WML._SL1000_[1].jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	372
    http://amzn.to/2vn9Tj5

Post Thanks / Like
    That kind of looks like a bad ground situation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    That kind of looks like a bad ground situation
    But I didn't have the issue until I put in the amber LEDs, the red and white have already been replaced with LED.