Thread: JeepManJim's WK2

Post Thanks / Like

JeepManJim's WK2

Good day guys... I guess I'll open the WK2 forum to posts... I currently own a 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit (WK2). It's fully loaded (minus the Hemi). I know, I know, but my family needed a 4x4 that we could trust to get my wife to work at Oh dark 30 with out me having to worry and the hemi doesn't fit in that equation... We also didn't need an offroad or a tow rig as I planned on buying the last V8 dual solid axle Jeep... a Grand Cherokee WJ with a 4.7HO which should easily handle those tasks... (Took me a while to find a decent WJ, but I was finally successful).

Prior to the WK2 (or the WJ) our family were proud owners of several Jeeps, most recently a homebrewed JK... with a full 4" Teraflex lit, Artec Industries crossmember, JCR front bumper, AEV rear bumper, 10,000 winch, on board air, you name it and this JK had it... Since I traded the JK in on the WK2 then bought the WJ to replace the WJ... I have no intentions on modding the WK2 (other than maybe a supercharger), but I'm open to discussion.

Honestly I just can see taking a vehicle that costs this much out on a trail and treating it like I did the JK... Arizona Pinstriping looked cool on a JK... not so much a Summit!

Here's the WK2 next to it's predecessor (the JK)...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14753879_10157631437460427_42972561130749108_o.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	260
    --
    JeepManJim
    An Arizonan transplanted in the beltway...
    2011 Wrangler Unlimited - couldn't keep up in the beltway
    2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
    2004 Grand Cherokee Overland

2. Thanks Tony thanked for this post
    Likes Tammy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cost factor is a big thing now. That newer iron is just too expensive to wheel unless you are made of money